- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups precooked white cornmeal
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup shredded provolone
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Spicy guava marmalade or creamy cilantro garlic sauce, for serving
Pour 2 1/2 cups warm water into a large bowl. Add the salt and stir until dissolved. Slowly add the cornmeal and knead until smooth. Add the blue cheese, Cheddar, mozzarella and provolone and knead until incorporated. Form the cheese mixture into balls with your hands or an ice cream scoop.
Heat the vegetable oil in wide pot over high heat. Fry the cheese balls until golden brown.
Serve the cheese balls with the marmalade or garlic sauce.
This recipe was provided by a professional chef or restaurant and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.