- 1 1/2 pounds mahi-mahi filets
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lime, quartered
- 12 small corn tortillas, warmed
- Romaine or Iceberg lettuce, shredded, for garnish
- Pico de Gallo salsa, for garnish
- 1 avocado, pitted and cut into thin slices, for garnish
- Sour cream or crema, for garnish
When fish is ready, remove it from the marinade, pat dry, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Heat oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. When oil shimmers, place fish skin-side down in skillet. Cook until opaque and firm to touch, about 3 minutes per side.
Flake the fish, squeeze one of the lime wedges over the top, and toss to coat. To make a taco, stack 2 tortillas on top of each other and fill with fish, lettuce, salsa, a few avocado slices, and a dollop of sour cream. Repeat to make 6 tacos total.