Grilled Onions and Mushrooms with Limed Sour Cream
- 1 cup plain sour cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 3 large portobello mushrooms, cut into 1-inch slices
- Vegetable oil, for brushing the vegetables
Combine sour cream, juice, zest, salt and pepper in a medium nonreactive bowl. Store, covered in refrigerator until ready to use.
Heat a lightly oiled grill pan over medium heat. Meanwhile, brush onions and mushrooms with oil and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
When grill pan is heated, add onions cut side down and cook until softened, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add mushrooms and grill until charred and soft, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately with sour cream sauce.