Amaretto Brownie Sundae
HOT FUDGE SAUCE:
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon almond liquor, optional
- Four 3 1/2-inch square brownies
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream with milk chocolate coated English toffee bar chunks
- Hot Fudge Sauce, recipe follows
- One 21-ounce can cherry pie filling, strained, rinsed with water, and drained
- Whipped cream, for topping
- Chopped chocolate-coated English toffee candy, or toasted sliced almonds, for sprinkling
For the Hot Fudge Sauce:
In a small saucepan heat the cream until small bubbles form around the edge of the pan. Add the chocolate chips and let sit for several minutes. Stir with a wire whisk until the chocolate is melted. Stir in the butter and amaretto, if using, and allow the butter to melt. Whisk until combined. Makes 1 cup.
For the Sundae:
Put a brownie on a plate and a heaping scoop of ice cream on top of the brownie. Spoon the cherries and Hot Fudge sauce over the ice cream. Add a dollop of whipped cream, and sprinkle with candy bits or almonds.