- 1 cup crumbled dry apple chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Grind the apple chips to a very fine powder in a spice grinder. (The drier the powder, the better and the rub will last longer without clumping.) Transfer to a bowl.
Grind the peppercorns, coriander seeds and allspice into a fine powder and add it to the apple powder.
Add the sugar, salt, paprika, ginger and cinnamon to the apple powder mixture and combine well. If not using immediately, store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place for up to 30 days.