Artichoke Arugula Salad with Parmesan
- One 9-ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- One 5-ounce package baby arugula (about 8 cups)
- 1 bulb fennel (about 1 pound), cored, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ounce Parmesan, peeled with a vegetable peeler into strips (about 1/3 cup)
Preheat the broiler.
Toss the artichokes with 1 tablespoon of oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Broil until browned on all sides, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside.
Toss the arugula with the fennel and artichokes in a large bowl. Whisk together the vinegar, mustard, the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, 2 teaspoons water, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl. Pour over the salad and toss well to coat. Season with additional salt and pepper. Top with the Parmesan.
Per serving: Calories: 147; Total Fat: 9.5 grams; Saturated Fat: 2 grams; Protein: 6 grams; Total carbohydrates: 11 grams; Sugar: 2 grams; Fiber: 6 grams; Cholesterol: 6 milligrams; Sodium: 298 milligrams