Balsamic-Macerated Berries and Fruits
- 3 to 4 cups blackberries
- 3 to 4 cups blueberries
- 3 to 4 cups raspberries
- 3 to 4 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 3 nectarines, cut into wedges
- 3 black plums, cut into wedges
- 2 to 3 cups Black Mission figs, quartered
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 2 pounds good-quality biscotti cookies, crumbled
- Creme fraiche, for topping
In a large bowl add the blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, nectarines and plums, and mix together. Then add in the figs, and mix.
In a medium bowl whisk together the vinegar, sugar and lemon juice until the sugar dissolves. Pour the dressing over the fruit and gently toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 hour to macerate.
To serve, scoop the fruit into small bowls and top with some crumbled biscotti and a dollop of creme fraiche.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.