FOR THE GRANNY APPLE SUNDAE TOPPING:
- 2 sticks butter
- 80 ounces apples peeled, sliced and cored
- 20 ounces brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 scoops ice cream, your choice
- 1 banana
- 3 toppings
- Whipped cream
- Nuts, your choice
- Chocolate syrup, recipe follows
- 1 recipe Wet Walnuts, recipe follows
- 1 cherry
- Special equipment: Several spoons to share with others
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons chocolate powder (recommended: Forbes)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup walnuts
- Simple syrup: (Combine 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar and heat until sugar dissolves; cool)
For the Granny Apple sundae topping:
Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the apples and cook until just soft, turning frequently. Turn off heat, add brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Toss to cover apples.
Bring water to boil. Mix sugar and chocolate together and then add water and mix.
Put walnuts into a bowl and add simple syrup, to taste.