- 1 ounce pecans, toasted
- Splash of orange liqueur, such as Grand Marnier
- 2 heaping teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 2 pats unsalted butter
- 1/2 ounce creme de banana
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- Somewhat less than juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 banana, sliced lengthwise
- 1 ounce dark rum, such as Cruzan Black Strap
- Butter pecan ice cream, for serving
Heat the pecans in a saute pan over high heat. Add a splash of the orange liqueur. Then add the brown sugar, butter, creme de banana, orange juice and lemon juice. Cook until the ingredients are melted. Add the banana and cook until the banana is heated through and sauce is reduced. Add the rum and flame. Serve over the ice cream.
NotesCooking Channel recommends that when igniting alcohol, use extreme caution. Remove the pan from the heat source before adding the alcohol. Pour the alcohol into the pan and ignite with a match or click lighter. Return the pan to the stovetop and gently swirl to reduce the flames.