Barramundi Steamed In Banana Leaf with Soya Beans
- 3/4 ounce dried glass noodles
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fermented soy beans
- 1 (12-ounce) barramundi fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 pieces banana leaf (8 by 10-inches)
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil
- 1 long red chilli, julienned, plus more for dipping
- Cooked jasmine rice
- Soy sauce, for dipping
Put the glass noodles in a bowl, cover with water and soak for 20 minutes, then drain and slice into 1 1/2-inch lengths.
Bring water to a boil in a large steamer. Add the fish and steam, covered, over high heat for 7 minutes.