- 4 cups white beans or gigante bean
- 6 ounces extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces garlic, sliced
- 4 ounces shallots, sliced
- 10 ounces chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 lemons, zested
- 3 ounces Italian parsley leaves, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 quarts apple cider (recommended Knudsen's)
Heat oil, garlic and shallots over medium heat until golden. Add beans and stir until nicely coated with oil. Add chicken stock and simmer until 1/3 liquid remains, about 15 to 20 minutes Add butter and cook until thickened. Finish with grated lemon zest and parsley. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bring cider to a boil and reduce by 3/4. Drizzle on plate.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.