Beet Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1 pound red and yellow beets
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus 1/2 cup
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 4 heads endive
- 2 oranges, segmented
- 3 teaspoons citrus vinaigrette, recipe follows
- 4 ounces idiazabal cheese, Manchego or smoked Gouda cheese, shaved into pieces
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Combine the beets with 4 tablespoons of the oil and 2 tablespoons of water in a baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, cover with aluminum foil and roast until tender, about one hour. Once cool, peel and cut into thin wedges.
Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette: Combine the zest and juice of the orange, lemon and lime with the remaining 1/2 cup oil. Whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
Trim the endive, cut each in half and remove the core. Slice each half into four pieces. Combine the endive, oranges, beets and 3 teaspoons of the vinaigrette in a bowl. (Reserve the remaining vinaigrette for another use.) Season with salt and pepper and mix to combine. Arrange the salad on a plate and top with the idiazabal.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.