Chicken Burgers with Lemongrass and Lime
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, mirin or white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar (superfine)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 long red chiles, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar (superfine)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, mirin or white vinegar
- 2 large carrots, cut into small matchsticks
- 2 cups white cabbage, shredded
- 4 celery ribs, trimmed, cut into small matchsticks
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
Combine the ground chicken, onion, breadcrumbs, garlic, lemongrass, cilantro, lime zest, fish sauce and sugar into a large bowl. Incorporate the ingredients well with your hands. Divide and shape the mixture into 6 patties, and then cover and refrigerate them for 30 minutes.
Grill the patties for 4 minutes on each side or until they are fully cooked through. To serve, layer the burgers on the soft rolls with lettuce, mint, cilantro leaves and chili sauce. These burgers are great with the Spicy Slaw.
Mix together the vinegar, sugar, lime juice, fish sauce, chiles and salt. Stir together until the sugar is dissolved.