Black-Eyed Pea Salad
BLACK-EYED PEA SALAD:
- 1 (#10 can) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped, optional
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped, optional
- 1/2 to 1 small or medium red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 3/4 cup chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno, very finely minced
In a large salad bowl, combine the black-eyed peas, red and green peppers, onions, garlic, parsley and jalapeno. In a medium bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour over the salad mixture and toss well before serving.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.