- 2 cups julienned Bermuda red onions
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley, plus sprigs for serving
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons sweet butter (unsalted)
- 1 cup white wine
- 6 cups cooked basmati rice
- Wild rice and whole grains added to mixture as per personal preference
- 16 to 24 prawns, peeled and deveined
- Pineapple brochette, for serving
- Lemon, for serving
Saute the onions, tomatoes, garlic, flat leaf parsley, salt, and pepper in butter for approximately 4 minutes on high heat. Add prawns and saute for 30 seconds. Add white wine, cover for 2 minutes.
Lay bed of rice and grains on plate in small mound. Arrange prawns towards the center of the mound with tails out. Put 1/4 of butter sauce on each prawn, then add grilled pineapple brochette, garnish with Italian flat-leaf parsley and lemon.