Brazilian Flank Steak with Fresh Chimichurri and Fried Yucca
- One 1 1/2-pound flank steak
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Rice vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 yucca roots, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces and parboiled
- 1 tablespoon fine salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
Marinate the steak with the Worcestershire sauce and some salt and pepper.
Heat a grill or grill pan. Grill the steak to desired doneness. Rest the steak and keep warm for serving.
In a food processor, combine the cilantro, parsley, olive oil, cumin, lemon juice, a splash of the rice vinegar and some salt. Pulse until just smooth, but still a little bit chunky.
Preheat a deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
In a bowl, combine the fine salt, sugar and chili powder. Fry the yucca until crisped, then drain and toss in the spice mixture.
Slice the steak, top with the chimichurri and serve with the fried yucca.