Build Your Own White Wine Fruit Salad
- 1 cup White Wine Simple Syrup, recipe follows
- 1/4 cup fresh mint or fresh lemon verbena, finely chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 3 cups melon, cubed
- 1 cup hulled strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cubed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- White Wine Simple Syrup
- 1 cup of white wine (recommended: Torrontes)
- 1/4 cup sugar
Pick and choose your fruits and place into 8 small glasses or bowls. Sprinkle the chopped mint on top and drizzle with the White Wine Simple Syrup. Garnish the glasses with whole fresh mint leaves or fresh lemon verbena leaves, and serve.
To make White Wine Simple Syrup:
Combine the white wine and sugar in a medium saucepan and place over medium heat. Simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved in the wine. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool, then transfer the mixture to a storage container and store until ready to use. This mixture can be made up to a week ahead of time.