- 4 ounces Italian bread
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- Nonstick olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 package (18-ounce) hearts of romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut bread into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Rub bread slices, on both sides, with cut sides of garlic. Cut bread into 1/2-inch cubes; place in jelly-roll pan. Spray bread liberally with cooking spray. Bake 10 minutes or until golden-brown and crisp. Cool croutons in pan.
Add lettuce and croutons to dressing in bowl; toss to coat.