Candace Cameron Bure's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cherry Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup egg whites or 2 whole eggs
- 1 1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal (not quick cook)
- 1 cup dried, pitted tart cherries (not Bing cherries)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Beat the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl until creamy. Add the eggs. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Add the oatmeal, cherries and chocolate chips to your desired consistency and liking, and mix. Drop by a rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake until golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
SERVINGS: 36 (PER COOKIE); Calories: 147; Total Fat 7 grams; Saturated Fat: 4 grams; Protein: 2 grams; Total carbohydrates: 21 grams; Sugar: 11 grams Fiber: 2.5 grams; Cholesterol: 14 milligrams; Sodium: 106 milligrams