Carrot-Ginger Wonton Soup
- 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 (2-inch) knob ginger, peeled and cut into thin sticks
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- (1-pound) bag frozen potstickers (18 to 20 pieces)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, or to taste
- 2 to 3 scallions, thinly sliced, to garnish
- Handful chow mein noodles, to garnish
Place a medium heavy-bottom pot over medium-high heat with the oil. Add the carrots, ginger and garlic to the pot and cook, stirring frequently, until the ginger and garlic are aromatic, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth and bring the liquid up to a bubble.
Once the broth is boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and add the potstickers. Simmer them, stirring gently, until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce.