Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- One 1-inch piece ginger, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons black bean chile sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and scramble until set, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil to the pan. Add the carrots and onions and cook until the onions are soft, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and saute just until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add the cauliflower and peas and saute until the peas have defrosted but the cauliflower is still crunchy, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the black bean chile sauce, curry powder, fish sauce and sugar; stir until fully incorporated. Return the scrambled eggs to the pan and cook for another minute. Sprinkle with the cilantro.