Cauliflower Spaghetti Alfredo with Shrimp
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 cups whole milk, plus more if needed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley, plus more for serving
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook until al dente, then drain.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and coat the pan with oil. Add the onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the cauliflower, 1 tablespoon salt and enough milk to partially submerge the florets. Increase the heat to high, and simmer until the cauliflower is very tender, about 15 minutes.
Very carefully transfer the cooked cauliflower mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
Rinse the pan clean and place over medium heat. Return the blended sauce to the pan and add more milk if the sauce is too thick. Remove the pan from the heat and add the cheese, parsley, lemon juice and lemon zest. Add the cooked spaghetti to the sauce and toss to coat. Keep covered until ready to serve.
Heat a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with olive oil, add the shrimp and cook until pink and just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Top the pasta with the shrimp and serve with lemon wedges, parsley and cheese.