- 1 cup pecan halves
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 ounces extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Fine salt
- Finley chopped chives, for garnish
- Sliced apples, pears, celery and/or butter crackers, for dipping
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the pecans out on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake, tossing once, until very golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool, then very finely chop.
Process the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Cheddar, Swiss cheese and cayenne in a food processor until the mixture is mostly smooth. Transfer to a large mixing bowl, stir in the pecans and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt. (The dip can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 1 day.) Spoon the dip into a serving dish, and garnish with chives. Serve with sliced apples, pears, celery and/or butter crackers for dipping.
Copyright 2014 Cooking Channel, LLC. All rights reserved.