Chicago Cut Cajun Ribeye
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- One 24-ounce dry-aged USDA Prime bone-in rib-eye steak
- 1 yellow onion, cut into thick slices
- 10 cloves garlic
- Vegetable oil, for marinating
Place the steak on a baking sheet and, using a large fork, make punctures all over both sides. Cover the steak with the Cajun spice blend and puncture the steak again with the fork, making as many holes as possible.
Combine the onion, garlic, any remaining Cajun spice blend and enough oil to cover the steak by 2 to 3 inches in a large, deep container. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 24 hours.
Heat a grill to high heat (at least 500 degrees F). Remove the steak from the marinade and let any excess oil drip off. Place the steak on the grill and cook for 4 minutes per side for medium rare, or until your desired temperature is reached.