Chicken and Fettuccine in Galangal Coconut Sauce (Malaysian Laksa)
- 1 cup medium-diced butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup curry laksa paste, such as Dollee
- 2 tablespoons ground macadamia or cashew nuts
- 2 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast, cut into thin pieces
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Sambal oelek, for garnish
Bring a pot of water to a boil and prepare an ice water bath. Blanch the squash in the boiling water for 2 minutes, then transfer to the ice water bath to stop the cooking process. Drain and set aside.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season with salt.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the curry laksa paste and cook until the oil separates from the paste, about 3 minutes. Add the blanched butternut squash, ground nuts and zucchini and stir. Slowly stir in the coconut milk and chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken and continue to simmer until the chicken is cooked, 8 to 10 minutes.