- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1 whole lobster, shelled and split in half down the middle
- Lemon Butter Caper Cream Sauce:
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 3 lemons, peeled and quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cubed, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon minced capers
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
For the lobster: Preheat the deep fryer to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, rice flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. In separate bowl mix the buttermilk and hot sauce.
Dredge the lobster pieces in the flour mixture and then through the buttermilk mixture. Then dip them again into the flour mixture. Place the lobster in the deep fryer and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
For the sauce: Heat a large nonreactive skillet over high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the wine, garlic, shallots and lemons. Cook for 3 minutes, breaking up and mashing the lemons with a wire whisk. Stir in the salt, pepper, hot sauce and Worcestershire, and cook until the mixture is somewhat syrupy, about 3 minutes.
Stir in the cream and cook for 1 minute. Over low heat, whisk in the butter a few pieces at a time. Remove from the heat, but continue whisking until all of the butter is incorporated into the sauce. Strain the sauce, pressing all of the liquid into a bowl.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.