Chicken Pot Pie Salad Sandwiches
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice (a heaping 1/2 cup)
- 2 sprigs thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small carrot, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, skin and bones discarded, meat shredded (about 3 cups meat)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1/3-inch pieces (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 ounces sugar snap peas, cut into 1/4-inch pieces (about 1/2 cup)
- 6 store-bought biscuits, split
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, thyme, a large pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes; add the carrots, and continue to cook until the onions are softened and browned in spots, 3 to 5 minutes more. Add the wine, increase the heat to medium-high, bring the wine to a boil and cook until reduced by half, 2 to 4 minutes. Turn off the heat, stir in the half-and-half and mix in the chicken. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl, and refrigerate until cool, about 30 minutes.
Copyright 2014 Cooking Channel, LLC. All rights reserved.