Chicken with Adzhika Rub and Narshrab (Pomegranate Sauce)
ADZHIKA RUB (HOT KHMELI SUNNELI):
- 3 tablespoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon arbol chile powder or cayenne
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fenugreek
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, cut in large chunks
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 6 cloves garlic
- Olive oil, for coating
- 6 small zucchinis
- 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms
- Pomegranate Sauce, recipe follows
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Mix all of the ingredients for the rub to form a thick paste. Rub into the chicken pieces. Roast in large pan for 15 minutes.
Toss potatoes, onions, and garlic in a little oil, add to pan and roast for 15 more minutes. Baste with pan juices and a little water, if dry.
Toss the mushrooms in oil and add to the roasting pan, cook for 10 more minutes. Baste again.
Toss the zucchini in some oil, add to the roasting pan, and let cook for 10 more minutes. Let chicken rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with Pomegranate Sauce.
Press garlic through a press. Mix with remaining ingredients.