Chili Cilantro Corn off the Cob with Cotija Cheese
- 6 ears fresh corn, husked
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves, plus whole cilantro leaves, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice, plus lime slices, for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese, plus more for garnish
Break each corn cob in half and slice the corn kernels off the cob by standing them on their ends and cutting downwards.
Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat, adding the chili powder and cumin while it melts to activate their flavor. Add the corn kernels and reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes over low heat, adding the chopped cilantro, lime juice, and sea salt towards the end. In the last few moments, add in the crumbled cotija and stir just to incorporate. Remove from heat.
Serve sprinkled with extra cotija, fresh cilantro leaves, a few dashes of chili powder, and fresh lime slices.