Fruit Salad with Star Anise Syrup
- 3 large pink grapefruits, peeled and segmented
- 3 small oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 pommelo or white grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 1/4 cup fresh or canned lychees (about 8)
- 1/2 large pomegranate, seeded, some set aside for garnish
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup good-quality grade A maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 star anise
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
Prepare the fruit and chill in the fridge.
Just before serving, in a small saute pan, warm the orange juice, maple syrup, cinnamon and star anise and mix well to infuse their flavors. Remove from the heat and chill in the fridge.
Just before serving, arrange the fruit into shallow dessert bowls, drizzle with the chilled syrup and sprinkle with the extra pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately, garnished with fresh mint.