Radish and Sesame Soy Noodle Salad
- 7 ounces cooked whole wheat noodles or cooked brown rice, drizzled with groundnut oil
- 7 ounces red radish, washed and quartered
- 1/2 cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and diced
- 1 small handful black sesame or toasted sesame seeds
- Fresh cilantro sprigs, for garnish
SOY AND VINEGAR DIPPING SAUCE (OPTIONAL):
- 1 medium red chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons black rice vinegar (recommended) or balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon thinly sliced strips fresh ginger, cut 5-inches in length
- Fresh cilantro sprigs, chopped, as needed
- Fiery Soy and Chile Dipping Sauce (optional):
- 3 tablespoon fiery chile sauce
- 3 tablespoon light soy sauce
For the dressing:
Combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil in a bowl.
For the salad:
Prepare the noodles, radishes, and cucumber, and chill them in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
To serve, add the noodles to a large dish, layer them with some radish and cucumber pieces and scatter over the black sesame seeds. Spoon the dressing over the dish, garnish with some fresh cilantro sprigs and serve immediately at the table to share. You could also dish up individual portions.
Try two other dressings to enhance this dish.
Combine the hot chile sauce and soy sauce in a small bowl.