Vegetable Chow Mein
- 12 ounces mixed vegetables (julienned carrots, snow peas, baby bok choy, stalks sliced and leaves set aside, blanched broccoli florets and julienned red bell pepper)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 8 ounces cooked egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- Splash toasted sesame oil
- Ground white pepper
Prep all vegetables before you begin cooking.
Heat a wok or saute pan over high heat and add the oil. When the oil begins to smoke, add the garlic and grated ginger, and stir-fry for a few seconds. Add the carrots, snow peas and bok choy stalks. Stir-fry for a minute.
Add a splash of water to create steam to help cook the vegetables. Add the blanched broccoli florets, bok choy leaves and the julienned red bell pepper. Stir fry for another minute.
Add in the noodles and toss to combine. Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili oil and toasted sesame oil. Season with ground white pepper. Serve immediately.