Clay Pot Chicken with Shiitake Mushrooms and Chinese Sausage
- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Fine salt and white pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Chinese sausage, sliced diagonally into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup white jasmine rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
In a small bowl, soak the mushrooms in warm water until soft, about 30 minutes. Rinse the mushrooms and pat dry. Remove the stems, thinly slice the caps and set aside.
Mix the chicken, brown sugar, cornstarch, oyster sauce, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, rice wine, sesame oil, 1/8 salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
In a wok or large nonstick pan over high heat, add the vegetable oil, swirling to coat. Add the garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Add the marinated chicken and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the sausage and shiitake mushrooms, stir-fry for 30 seconds more. Transfer to a platter and set aside.
Place the rice and chicken stock in a clay pot or heavy metal pot and bring to a boil, covered, over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer, allowing the rice to steam for 15 minutes.
Spread the chicken stir-fry over the rice and continue to steam, covered, over low heat until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Stir thoroughly, garnish with scallions and serve immediately.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.