Coconut Curry Chicken Smoked Sausage Skillet
- 1 (14-ounce package) Hillshire Farm(R) Hardwood Chicken Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 large green pepper, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- Cooked white or brown rice
- Chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Chopped peanuts, optional
- Raisins, optional
Spray a large nonstick skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Add the sausage, bell peppers, and garlic. Cook and stir on medium-high heat for 8 minutes, or until the peppers are crisp-tender and the sausage is heated through.
Add the curry powder and continue to cook until it is fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add the coconut milk to the sausage mixture. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat; simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
Stir in the pineapple and heat through.
Serve over rice, sprinkle with cilantro, peanuts, and raisins, if desired.