- Two 5-ounce fillets line-caught Atlantic cod
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cracker flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- House-made Remoulade, for serving, recipe follows
- Red oak lettuce, for serving
- Tomatoes, sliced, for serving
- Red onions, sliced, for serving
- Lemon juice, to taste, for serving
- French fries, for serving, optional
Preheat the grill.
Place the cod fillets in the milk. Combine the flours in a mixing bowl, and then remove the fillets from the milk and dredge in the flour mixture. Heat the oil in a frying pan and saute the fish until golden brown and cooked through.
Halve the rolls lengthwise, sprinkle with salt and pepper and grill on both sides. Slather both slices with the House-made Remoulade, lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, more salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice. Lay the cod onto the bread and cut the sandwiches on the bias. Be sure to serve with a tower of fresh-cut french fries.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thoroughly combine the mayonnaise, capers, cornichons, lemon juice and red onions in a mixing bowl. Season with pepper.