Cold Ginger Soba Noodles
- For the dressing:
- 4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 6 teaspoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated or pasted
- 1-inch knob ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1/4 cup warm water
- (12- to 14-ounce) package soba noodles
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 kale leaves, stemmed, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 3/4 cup pitted dried plums, chopped
Place a large pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing; reserve.
Drop the soba noodles into the boiling water; once the water returns to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer the noodles until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the cooked soba noodles and run them under cold running water to chill them thoroughly. Transfer the noodles to the mixing bowl with the prepared dressing.