Cookie Confidential's Philly Cheesesteak Cookie
- 1 pound grated Cheddar
- 6 ounces pastured unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 3/4 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1/8 ounce paprika
- 1/8 ounce red pepper flakes
- 1/8 ounce sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped beef jerky (better if you make your own!)
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated onions
- Tomato Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Dash salt
For the cookies: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Whip together the Cheddar and butter until fluffy. Mix together the flour, paprika, pepper flakes and sea salt, and then gradually whip into the butter/Cheddar mixture. Stir in the beef jerky and onions until combined.
Scoop balls of dough 2 to 3 inches apart on a baking sheet using a tablespoon-size disher. Flatten the dough balls to about 1/4-inch thick with the bottom of a greased-up glass. Bake until the edges just start to brown, about 9 minutes.
Let the cookies cool, then frost and enjoy!