Corn and Clam Chowder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup celery, small dice
- 1/2 cup onion, small dice
- 1 can of kernel corn, drained
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1 can of clams with juice
- 1 cup of Saltine crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup of cooked bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 cup russet potatoes, small dice
- 1 cup milk
Bring a pot of water to a boil and add potatoes. Cook for 7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
In a large saucepan on low heat, melt butter and add flour. Stir to make a paste or "roux," about 2 minutes. Add celery and onion and cook until they are soft, about 5-7 minutes. Add all other ingredients except green onions. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 12 minutes. Stir in green onions and more crushed crackers and serve. Very good if made the day before serving and reheated the next day.