Crabmeat-Stuffed Whole Bay Flounder
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing the baking sheet
- 1 whole bay flounder, pocket slit cut in the top of the fish
- 1/2 ounces canned or fresh claw crabmeat
- 2/3 cup freshly crushed saltine crackers
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely minced fresh parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 large green onion, white and green part minced and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning or Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1/4 cup fresh or store-bought breadcrumbs
- Paprika, for sprinkling
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Starting on one side of the fish, insert a knife horizontally into the slit. Begin cutting, about 1 inch from the head, between the flesh and bone, stopping just before the tail to form a pocket. Cut another pocket on the opposite side of the fish.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.