Cranberry and Golden Raisin Cream Muffins
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup (150g) golden raisins
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons (10g) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (3g) sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups (250g) sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (120ml) canola oil
- 1/2 cup (120ml) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) fresh orange zest
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) fresh lemon zest
- 1 cup (100g) fresh or frozen (thawed) cranberries
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray two 3/4- by 1 1/8-inch muffin trays with nonstick spray.
In a small bowl, add raisins and cover with warm water to slightly rehydrate. Set aside
In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt and sugar). In a medium bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (egg, canola oil, sour cream, heavy cream, vanilla extract, orange zest and lemon zest).
Spoon batter into muffin tins, almost to the top. Bake until risen and lightly browned, about 20 minutes.