CORN MAQUE CHOUX SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup finely diced celery
- 1/3 cup finely diced onions
- 1/4 cup finely diced green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell peppers
- 3 ears sweet corn, roasted and kernels removed
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 pounds cream cheese
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons minced green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 eggs
- 1 pound crawfish tails, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 capfuls liquid crab boil
- Shredded romano cheese
Special equipment: a springform pan
For the sauce: In a medium saucepan heat the oil, and then saute the celery, onions, green bell peppers, red bell peppers and corn until the onions are translucent. Add the Cajun seasoning and reduce the heat. Cook the vegetables until they soften and turn light golden brown. Add the cream and simmer until slightly thickened. Stir in the butter until fully combined and glossy.
For the cheesecake: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Add the cream cheese to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and mix at medium speed to cream. Add 1 cup of the breadcrumbs, the celery, green bell peppers, red bell peppers and eggs.
In a large bowl, combine the crawfish and liquid crab boil and toss to combine. Add the crawfish, lemon juice, Creole seasoning and garlic to the cream cheese mixture and mix until incorporated. Pour the mixture into a springform pan. Top with some romano cheese and the remaining 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs.
Cool the cake to room temperature, and then refrigerate until cold.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Cut a generous slice and place on an oven-safe plate. Bake until warmed through, 5 to 6 minutes. Top with the corn maque choux sauce and serve.