- 4 ounces (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup finely diced onions
- 1 cup finely diced scallions
- 3 pounds cream cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 pounds crawfish tails, peeled
- 1/4 cup extra-dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce, such as Crystal Hot Sauce
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning, such as Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning
In a large pan, melt the butter. Add the onions and scallions and cook until the onions are translucent, 5 to 8 minutes. Add the cream cheese, sour cream and fresh lemon juice and whisk until creamy and smooth.
Mix in the crawfish, vermouth, hot sauce, cayenne and Creole seasoning. Cook for 10 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
Let cool and then refrigerate until ready to serve.
NotesThis recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.