Creamy Quick Polenta
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package quick-cooking polenta (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Cook's Note: All polentas are different. Look at the instructions on the package for specific liquid-to-polenta ratios and cooking times.
Bring 6 cups water and the chicken broth to a boil in a 4-quart saucepan. Add the salt, and then add the polenta in a slow stream while whisking constantly. Lower the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring with the whisk, until the polenta thickens and slow bubbles "erupt", about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Stir in the Parmigiano and butter. Keep warm until serving.