Sauteed Chickpeas with Chorizo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- Two 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 ounces dried Spanish chorizo, skin removed
- 3 1/2 ounces roasted red bell peppers, sliced into 1/4- by 1/2-inch strips
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
2. Cut the chorizo into small pieces and add to the chickpeas. Continue to cook until the chorizo begins to render out some of the fat, 5 minutes.
3. Add the roasted red peppers to the pan and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Add the lemon juice and scrape up any brown bits clinging to the bottom of the pan. Toss with the chopped parsley and serve warm with lemon wedges for squeezing.