Dalat Choco, Stir-Fried with Beef and Garlic: Trai Su Xao Thit Bo
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 7 ounces lean beef sirloin, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 chocos ( chayote), peeled, pitted and sliced into batons
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 spring onions, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 3 coriander (cilantro) sprigs for garnish
- Jasmine rice, for serving
- 1 chile, sliced
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
In a mixing bowl, combine 1/2 tablespoon sugar, pepper, and 1 tablespoon fish sauce. Mix well then add the beef slices and marinate for 10 minutes.
In a hot fry pan, add the vegetable oil and fry the garlic until fragrant. Add the beef slices and stir-fry for 1 minute then remove the beef and set aside.
Wipe the pan out. Add the choco to the same hot pan, then add the remaining 1 tablespoon fish sauce, 1/2 tablespoon sugar, and 1 tablespoon of water. Stir, then cover with the lid and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
Remove the lid, add the spring onions, cooked beef, and toss well for another minute.
In a small bowl, combine the sliced chile and soy sauce and set aside.