Antipasto di Casa
- 8 to 10 fresh mozzarella bocconcini, drained
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh basil or rosemary, optional
- 1/4 pound, hard cheese (recommended: Manchego, Emmenthaler or aged Provolone)
- 6 to 8 slices prosciutto or black forest ham
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and peeled
- 1/4 pound mixed olives
- 1 bunch arugula, stemmed, torn into pieces
- Balsamic vinegar, for dressing arugula
Toss mozzarella with olive oil, salt, pepper and basil or rosemary, if using. Place in a mound on a platter.
Cut the hard cheese into thin, bite-size triangles, add to platter.
Arrange prosciutto next to cheese.
Cut pepper into strips, add to platter.
Add olives to platter.
Dress arugula with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Arrange in the center of the platter and serve.