Bollito with Salsa Verde and Chili Sauce: Boiled Beef with Salsa Verde and Chili Sauce
- 8 cups/2 L water
- 2 pounds/1 kg stewing beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 carrots, halved
- 2 celery stalks, halved
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salsa Verde, recipe follows
- Chili Sauce, recipe follows
- Sandwich buns, for serving, optional
- Salsa Verde Sauce
- Large bunch, fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 1/2 ounces /100 g capers
- 5 anchovy fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup/250 ml extra-virgin olive oil
Serve the boiled meat with the salsa verde and chili sauce or on a bun as a sandwich.
Salsa Verde Sauce:
Put the parsley, capers, and anchovies on a cutting board. With a mezzaluna or sharp knife, finely chop the ingredients. Put the mixture in a jar. Add salt, pepper, freshly squeezed lemon juice and top up with extra-virgin olive oil. Mix well.
Put the chili pepper, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and basil on a cutting board. Crush the chili pepper and the garlic. With a mezzaluna or sharp knife, finely chop the ingredients and bring to a mulch consistency.
Put the mixture in a jar. Add the olive oil to cover the chili paste. Mix well.