Coniglio Al'ischiatana: Ischia-style Rabbit
- 1/2 cup/117 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium rabbit, cut into pieces
- 1 whole garlic bulb, with roots and base chopped off
- 1 fresh chile pepper, chopped
- 5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Fresh oregano leaves
- Fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons/28 g tomato paste
- 2 cups/470 ml white wine
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Heat up the extra-virgin olive oil in a saucepan. Place the rabbit in the hot olive oil. Then add the garlic bulb, chile pepper, and salt. Sear the rabbit until golden brown on all sides. Add the tomato paste and wine to deglaze the pan. Then add the basil, oregano, thyme, and tomatoes. Once the wine has reduced, transfer to a baking pan and place in the oven for approximately 30 minutes.