Gnudi Con La Zucca: Naked Ravioli with Squash
- 1/2 cup/125 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound/500 g butternut squash peeled, seeded and cut into cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound/500 g fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 1/4 cup/290 ml finely grated Parmigiano cheese, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup/125 ml flour
- 1 egg
Heat 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil in a saucepan. Add the butternut squash, salt, and pepper and saute until the butternut squash is fork tender. Transfer the squash mixture to a bowl. Using the back of a fork, mash until the squash is an even mixture. Let cool.
Using your hands, scoop enough of the mixture to roll into the size of a golf ball. Repeat with the remaining mixture.