Diablo Pasta with Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 12 ounces chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, pureed
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 6 whole tomatoes, diced
- One 16-ounce can lager beer
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 3 sticks butter
- 6 teaspoons minced fresh habanero peppers
- One 1-pound box linguine, cooked
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp, recipe follows
BACON WRAPPED SHRIMP:
- 6 slices good-quality thick-cut bacon
- 6 medium to large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
In a large food processor, blend the chipotles, garlic, Worcestershire, tomatoes, beer and cilantro.
Add the puree to a nonstick skillet and heat until the sauce bubbles.
Making 2 servings at a time, heat 1 stick butter with 2 teaspoons habanero in a large skillet. When the butter is melted, add one-third of the pasta and one-third of the Diablo sauce. Mix together for 20 seconds, remove from the heat and reserve. Repeat 2 more times.
Top with 1 bacon wrapped shrimp per serving.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the bacon on a baking sheet and bake until half cooked, 8 to 10 minutes. Let the bacon cool to room temperature
Wrap each shrimp with 1 slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Grill until the shrimp is fully cooked and the bacon is crispy, 2 to 3 minutes.